Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
After much debate within our family about our plans for our upcoming land and sea Disney vacation, I bit the bullet and made my decision. I booked a savanna view room for 3 nights at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. We will spend 1 day at Magic Kingdom, 1 day enjoying the resort and Disney Springs, and then wake up on our last morning and head to Port Canaveral for our Disney Dream cruise.
Why We Chose Animal Kingdom Lodge
After researching Animal Kingdom Lodge, here are a few things that we are so excited to experience:
- Uzima Springs Pool – this 11,000 square foot zero entry pool is one of the largest pools at WDW, and feature a 67 foot water slide.
- Participating in bead activities that allow the kids to learn about African culture and animals. After the activity is over, everyone is given a bead to add to their string of memories. The bead serves as a reminder of what they have learned.
- Night vision animal viewing from the lobby! My kids are going to flip over this one, and quite honestly, I will too! I’m mildly obsessed with giraffes, and I can’t wait to be able to see them up close and personal!
- Participating in a culinary tour of Sanaa or Boma. I heard about this one from a friend, and you even get samples of the food. Squee!!! I’ve never been to either of these restaurants, so I can’t wait to see them for myself. We have breakfast reservations at Boma for our down day.
- This view from our room is going to be incredible! I can’t wait to see the animals while enjoying some peace and quiet on the balcony. I can feel myself relaxing just thinking of it!
Where Would You Choose?
We are about 5 months away from our trip. The more I learn about the resort the more excited I get. We only have 1 full day to enjoy the resort, and that day is going to be jam packed! My husband would like to be able to sleep in after the 15 hour day I have planned at Magic Kingdom, but there isn’t time for sleeping at Disney World! Have you stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge? Any advice for me? Am I missing anything? I need all the help I can get on this one because after staying at Pop Century on our prior trips, this resort is going to blow my mind! Have a magical day! ~Amy ºoº