We are quickly approaching our very first Disney cruise in just a few weeks. We will be sailing with my entire family on the Disney Dream, heading to Nassau and Castaway Cay. We have 11 total in our group – ranging from 2 years old all the way up to grandparents, so we wanted to make sure that we can have something fun for everyone. Enter Castaway Cay! Castaway Cay (pronounced “key”) is Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, and is only for Disney Cruise Line guests traveling on the Bahama or Caribbean cruise itineraries. The island is just 3 miles long, but has tons of fun things for guests to enjoy on the island. Whether you are seeking active adventures or would prefer to sunbathe and relax, there is something for everyone!
Here are just a few things you can find on Castaway Cay:
- Castaway Family Beach (for families) and Serenity Bay Beach (for adults)
- Private cabanas available for rental
- 2 Water Play Areas: Pelican Plunge and Spring-a-Leak
- The Hide Out, a teens-only activity area on the beach
- 3 restaurants to choose from: Cookies BBQ, Cookies Too BBQ, and an adults only option on Serenity Bay.
- Castaway Cay 5k race, complete with medals for people who enter. And don’t worry, this is a fun event!
- Tubes, floats and water sports, including swimming, snorkeling, kayaking and more!
- 2 shops featuring exclusive Castaway Cay gifts and souvenirs
- Open-air massages with an ocean view, a yoga class and a bar at the secluded, adults-only beach, Serenity Bay
- Port Adventures for everyone in the family, including stingray interactions, glass-bottom boat tours, parasailing and fishing.
- Free childcare at Scuttle’s Cove, a children’s area supervised by Disney counselors
- Disney Character Meet and Greets
- This view. Enough said. Have you been to Castaway Cay? If so, what was your favorite thing? If you haven’t been, what would you love about a visit to this island paradise? Let’s chat in the comments! ~Amy ºoº