Here is your weekly recap for news around the world!
- Disney has released their room discounts through October 3rd, and free dining for select dates through 12/21. These offers are going fast, and exclusions apply.
- The monorail schedule has changed for part of the summer. Beginning May 3rd through July the monorail will run on a limited schedule. Buses and Magic Kingdom watercraft (weather permitting) will continue to operate as usual. The monorail will operate a full schedule from May 24 to 27 for Memorial Day weekend.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios is testing pre-ordering of food and merchandise using mobile apps at Backlot Express and during Fantasmic. This could dramatically reduce wait times for quick service food, and this test will use the guest’s phone as an ordering and delivery tracking device.
- New high-tech laundry machines are now available for guest use at most Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The new machines let guests check availability via the internet, where guests can view the status of each machine, and receive notifications of machine availability and when a cycle is completed. You can view the machine status for each resort at http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld. If I have to do laundry on vacation, this will definitely make it less painful!
- Pirates of the Caribbean refurb has been pushed back to June 8th. The ride is expected to reopen to guests on September 26th.
- Marvel Avengers: Age of Ultron releases in theaters today, May 1st.
- Disability Access Service at Walt Disney World is now tied to your MagicBands, and paper disability access cards are no longer available.
That’s the news around the world this week. Have a great weekend, and we’ll see you back on Monday! ~A ºoº