I’ve cruised many times, and been to several Caribbean destinations. Hands down, my favorite port of call will forever be Castaway Cay (pronounced “key”), Disney’s private island in the Bahamas. This island destination is only for Disney Cruise Line guests traveling on the Bahama or Caribbean cruise itineraries. The island is just 3 miles long, but has tons of fun things for guests to enjoy on the island. Whether you are seeking active adventures or would prefer to sunbathe and relax, there is something for everyone!
Here are just a few things you can find on Castaway Cay:
- Castaway Family Beach (for families) and Serenity Bay Beach (for adults). Both beaches have plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas and amazing views. You can also grab wagons and beach accessible wheel chairs for free right when you get off the tram for use on the island.
- Private cabanas available for rental
- 2 Water Play Areas: Pelican Plunge and Spring-a-Leak. Both areas are so much fun!
- The Hide Out, a teens-only activity area on the beach
- 3 restaurants to choose from: Cookies BBQ, Cookies Too BBQ, and an adults only option on Serenity Bay. You can choose from BBQ, hamburgers, chicken, veggie burgers, and all the trimmings and sides you could imagine. And unlimited ice cream! The food was delicious! There are also fountain drinks that you have access to all day next to the ice cream area.
- Castaway Cay 5k race, complete with medals for people who enter. And don’t worry, this is a fun event!
- Tubes, floats and water sports, including swimming, snorkeling, kayaking and more! My husband and oldest son rented snorkles and had a blast!
- 2 shops featuring exclusive Castaway Cay gifts and souvenirs
- Open-air massages with an ocean view, a yoga class and a bar at the secluded, adults-only beach, Serenity Bay
- Port Adventures for everyone in the family, including stingray interactions, glass-bottom boat tours, parasailing and fishing. We rented bicycles and enjoyed riding around the island at our leisure. There is so much to see, and a bicycle was such a fun way to explore. And if you are traveling with little kids, they have bicycles with seat for kids. There are also lots of water coolers stationed around the island for bikers, walkers or joggers. Gotta stay hydrated, cause it’s H-O-T!
- Free childcare at Scuttle’s Cove, a children’s area supervised by Disney counselors
- Disney Character Meet and GreetsCastaway Cay was a little piece of paradise. I had to drag myself back on the ship because honestly, it was exactly what I had been dreaming of when we planned our Disney cruise. We can’t wait to go back! Have you been to Castaway Cay? If so, what was your favorite thing? If you haven’t been, what would you love about a visit to this island paradise? Let’s chat in the comments! ~Amy ºoº